There are many excellent local ski resorts near Lake Orta, details below.
The local resort for Lake Orta, the peak of this distinctive antennae-topped mountain is at 1480m.
Now a substantial resort with
21 pistes totalling 21km, of which 8 are blue, 10 red, and 3 black.
There are 7 lifts capable of carrying 5,600 people per hour.
5 pistes are supported by snow cannons to augment the snow.
A new shuttle 'train' runs from the top of the cable car up from Stresa to to the shops, restaurants, and pistes.
All the pictures on this page are at the Mottarone!
· Piana di Vigezzo in the Val Vigezzo. There is a new 8-person gondola lift from Prestinone (825m) to Piana di Vigezzo (1726m). 20km of pistes. Top of lifts 2064m, overall height difference 800m. Web site www.pianadivigezzo.it
· Macugnaga. Web site www.macugnaga.it International resort, popular with Brits.
· Alagna Valsesia, Val d'Ayas, Champoluc, and Valle de Gressoney. Alagna is the closest resort to Lake Orta, the others are in the Val d'Aosta. Web sites www.freerideparadise.it, www.monterosa-ski.com and www.atlvalsesiavercelli.it. You can also do heli-skiing and off-piste excursions based in Alagna Valsesia, for details and guides see www.guidealagna.com. Fancy brushing up your winter driving skills? Try a unique driving on snow and ice experience at Riva Valdobbia (just before Alagna), see www.icerosaring.it for details.
· Valle Formazza. Web site www.formazzaski.com
· Alpe Devero. Web site www.alpedeveroski.com
· Domobianca, 15 minutes drive from Domodossola. 20km of pistes up to Montelucco (1900m), height difference 1000m. Web site www.domobianca.it
· Baitina di Druogno in the Val Vigezzo. Ideal for children. Web site www.baitina.it
See also www.neveazzurra.it and www.distrettolaghi.it/neveazzura for more on local resorts. Within 90 minutes you can also drive to some of the resorts further afield, such as Cervinia, in the Valle d'Aosta.
Recommend this page to your friends? Tweet
|Home |||Terms | Compare |||Enquiry | News | Site Map | Offers | About|
Copyright © 1998 to 2018 Holiday Homes at Lake Orta